[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler_sync_master

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 23 20:17:21 UTC 2008

On Apr 23, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Scott Henson wrote:

> I've attached a small script that we use to sync multiple subcobbler
> instances to a single master.  We currently use an out of band copy
> mechanism to get /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror onto all our cobbler
> server, but we had no way of getting cobbler to know about the
> distro and the attached profiles.  This script will add both,
> without syncing any data and create the necessary symlinks in /var/
> www/cobbler/links.
> <snip>
> If someone else finds this script useful I'll probably clean it up a
> bit and we can throw it in scripts/.  If more than a few people find
> this useful I'd be willing to port it into cobbler core.

I, for one, would find this very useful.  We currently have a single
cobbler server, with all distros and repos stored on local disk.
We're in the process of re-architecting portions of our data center's
network, with the end result likely to be all of our RHEL physical
boxes and Xen guests behind different firewall segments, with most of
those systems accessing NFS filesystems on a private network from our
NetApp.

I'm not sure yet exactly how we're going to end up, but having
something like this tool will definitely give us more flexibility and
less duplication of (fairly) static data.

So, thanks!  I would find this useful; even more useful if it became a
part of cobbler core, with good documentation on its use!  :-)

	-s-