AW: [et-mgmt-tools] koan-installation hangs

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 13:48:05 UTC 2008

Tim.Einmahl at kba.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the problem was a firewall rule.Silly me :)
>
> But thanks for mentioning the --autonet feature, it is very useful !
>
> I was able to install RHEL4-xen with koan successfully.
>

> But at the moment I have a problem installing RHEL3 with koan.
> The CPU supports hardware virtualization, so shouldn' t I use
>
> koan -T xenfv ??

I believe we recently indentified a bug that leaves xenfv support broken
(it appears to be installing paravirt with those args), which I plan to
address in the next release.

What is intended to happen is that it will kick off a PXE request and
ideally you will have Cobbler set up to manage PXE
for the system/mac you generate.  If not, it works like a regular menu
based install.

I'll chase this and verify this is working again in the development
branch this week.

--Michael