[et-mgmt-tools] re: "invalid kernel" -- found the problem!

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Feb 4 21:01:55 UTC 2008

Am 04.02.2008 um 21:27 schrieb JimmyT _:

> I told you what we changed .... a new box, with a fresh download, and
> a vanilla install.
>
> Based on your reposnse, it's clear the perception is that "it's us".
>
> Fair enough.  We'll stick to supported products.

Do physical installs work?
It works here, basically out-of-the-box.

Sometimes, though, the RPC-XML interface can get "cobbled" and I've
got to restart httpd+cobblerd.
Haven't figured out why, though.
But I don't do any kind of Xen-installations. And I use RHEL5 as
base. Fedora is too much a moving target for us.

I really wish I had something like cobbler for my FreeBSD-installations.
There's a lot I don't like about Linux - but RHELs kickstart +
cobbler works _very_ well.
And I really get better "support" from Michael et.al. via IRC/ML than
I get from other, wanna-be vendors via a paid contract.

cheers,
Rainer
--
Rainer Duffner