[et-mgmt-tools] rhn/local repo name mismatch error preventing cobblerd from starting

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 19:32:06 UTC 2008

Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> I upgraded from cobbler 0.6.3-2 to 0.8.1-1 this afternoon and got the
> following error during the cobblerd restart:
>
> cobbler.cexceptions.CX: 'Since mirror is RHN rhn://rhel-i386-server-5,
> the repo must also be named rhel-i386-server-5'

... snip ...

Yes, this was applied in a recent version of cobbler to simplify the way
RHN repos are mirrored, it's unfortunate that the upgrade wasn't seamless.

"cobbler repo rename" is definitely the way to go.

Cobbler probably should not be restarting cobblerd on upgrade.   You may
want to try --noscripts.

> [FAILED]
> error: %post(cobbler-0.8.1-1.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
>
> If I rename the repo in this file to match the rhn mirror name:
>
> [root at radm011p cobbler]# cat /var/lib/cobbler/repos
> ---
> -
>     arch: ''
>     createrepo_flags: -c cache
>     depth: 2
>     keep_updated: True
>     mirror: 'rhn://rhel-i386-server-5'
>     name: rhel5-i386-updates
>     parent: ''
>     rpm_list: ''
>

> I get this when I start cobbler:
>
> [root at radm011p cobbler]# service cobblerd start
> Starting cobbler daemon: warning: repository not found:
> rhel5-i386-updates

Right, you probably need to re-run "cobbler reposync" now because the
directories have changed.   Or you may want to remove your repo
entries and resync them from the begining.

I don't forsee the repo management code for those types of repos
changing much in the future, so hopefully this should be the only
compatibility problems you face.