[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler 0.8 - --virt-bridge0= option unknown?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 16:18:10 UTC 2008

Jens Ahrens wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> i'm trying to install a system with 2 NICs with
> cobbler (cobbler-0.8.0-1.fc7) running on FC7.
>
> When adding a profile or system using options like
> e.g.
> --virt-bridge0=
> --ip0=
>
> cobbler complains saying:
> Usage: cobbler system add  [ARGS]
>
> cobbler: error: no such option: --virt-bridge0

Easy one.   Some users reported that the way multiple interfaces were
specified and edited was confusing, so
in order to simplify the way multiple interfaces work to users, we
decided to do this...

# for the first interface...

cobbler system add --name=foo --virt-bridge=br1 --ip=192.168.1.55  # etc

To edit additional interfaces you specify which interface you are
editing with --interface.   Using this option
changes the value of the interface being edited.    Note that you can
only add/edit one interface at a time.

cobbler system edit --name=foo --interface=1 --ip=192.168.1.56

This has been updated in the manpage.   If I've missed any online docs,
let me know, and I'll take care of them.

As before, if you need to delete additional interfaces after you add one
too many, you'll need to use the WebUI for that.

The WebUI for editing multiple interfaces works as before.