[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler-0.6.5-3.el4 - xen virt trouble

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Mon Feb 25 13:25:42 UTC 2008

> It looks like you are not doing anything wrong. Block in Xen terms
> mean that at the moment you looked the VM is not using CPU but is
> waiting I/O to happen before it can continue. So nothing to worry
> about.
>
> Did you actually looked at the console of the virtual machine if the
> installation is running or not ? I think it probably will be
> performing a install.

thanks for the tip - using virsh to connect to the console it appears to
be stuck here

-- snip --

Using IPI No-Shortcut mode
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/51712
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
RAMDISK: Loading 8192KiB [1 disk] into ram disk... done.
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).