[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler-0.6.5-3.el4 - xen virt trouble

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:05:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Tom Brown <tom at ng23.net> wrote:

>  I am still having issues trying to get xen based VM's running, here is
>  what i have done so far.

...snip...

>  Then on the machine that i built using cobbler use koan to do the following
>
>  koan --virt --server=192.168.12.161 --system=virtbox
>
>  This appears to work fine
>
>  - using kickstart from cobbler:
>  http://192.168.12.161/cblr/kickstarts_sys/virtbox/ks.cfg
>  - no virt-type specified, auto-selecting xenpv
>  libvirt_qemud (pid 2345) is running...
>  downloading initrd initrd.img to /var/lib/xen/initrd.img
>  url=http://192.168.12.161/cobbler/images/RHEL4-u5-xen-i386/initrd.img
>  - using kickstart from cobbler:
>  http://192.168.12.161/cobbler/images/RHEL4-u5-xen-i386/initrd.img
>  downloading kernel vmlinuz to /var/lib/xen/vmlinuz
>  url=http://192.168.12.161/cobbler/images/RHEL4-u5-xen-i386/vmlinuz
>  - using kickstart from cobbler:
>  http://192.168.12.161/cobbler/images/RHEL4-u5-xen-i386/vmlinuz
>  Kernel arguments:
>  ks=http://192.168.12.161/cblr/kickstarts_sys/virtbox/ks.cfg
>  ksdevice=eth0 lang=  kssendmac syslog=192.168.12.161:25150 text
>  use virt-manager or reconnect with virsh console virtbox
>
>  as i can see that the virt box is created but it only ever shows as
>  'blocked'
>
>  # virsh
>  Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.
>
>  Type:  'help' for help with commands
>        'quit' to quit
>
>  virsh # list
>   Id Name                 State
>  ----------------------------------
>   0 Domain-0             running
>   4 virtbox              blocked
>
>  Any ideas here to what i am doing wrong?

It looks like you are not doing anything wrong. Block in Xen terms
mean that at the moment you looked the VM is not using CPU but is
waiting I/O to happen before it can continue. So nothing to worry
about.

Did you actually looked at the console of the virtual machine if the
installation is running or not ? I think it probably will be
performing a install.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)