[et-mgmt-tools] new install with existing repos

Michael Harrison mrpquter at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 15:36:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

What's the high-level configuration overview for the case in which
repos exist, and there is no need to replicate them on the cobbler
server?

I haven't figured out how to tell cobbler "the repo is at this ftp or
http server/path".

I tried cobbler import --available-as, but that complained about
missing a --path argument. There is no path, the distro is on the ftp
server.

A different angle on the same question, I expect cobbler to need what
argument to give the url argument in the kickstart file, which is the
ftp/http/nfs path I tried passing as the --available-as argument. It
shouldn't need to have a repo local on the cobbler system.

Thanks,
-Mike