[et-mgmt-tools] Why doesn't my VM show up in virt-manager?

Lionel Kernux lionel.kernux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:18:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm running RHEL 5.1 and created a xen guest (RHEL4) manually by
detting everything up in a .hvm file. I have started and stopped thge
VM via xm create and it runs just fine. What steps are needed to allow
it to be managed from the virt-manager gui? It doesn't show up in the
list in the gui. Only VM's created from within the gui seem to show. I
undersand that virt-manager uses xml files and a database to store VM
info. Is there soem way to "import" a .hvm file into virt-manager?

Any Help ??

Thanks

Miguel