[et-mgmt-tools] Why doesn't my VM show up in virt-manager?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 19:16:59 UTC 2008

Lionel Kernux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running RHEL 5.1 and created a xen guest (RHEL4) manually by
> detting everything up in a .hvm file. I have started and stopped thge
> VM via xm create and it runs just fine.
I'm sure someone else could provide specifics on how to make it visible,
though I should point out that things created by things using the
virt-install library
(like virt-install (the CLI tool), koan (works with cobbler), and of
course virt-manager) show up automatically.    If you can use those,
they are the easiest
way to go.