[et-mgmt-tools] Using libvirt-remote with python-virtinst?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 21:48:36 UTC 2008

Today I tried using a remote connection string within koan.  The idea
here is to be able to use koan against boxes that have libvirtd
installed but do not have koan installed.

 guest =
virtinst.FullVirtGuest(hypervisorURI="qemu+ssh://root@drwily.rdu.redhat.com/system",
...)

This works fine up until the point where it wants to create the disk.

I heard on #ovirt that there may be some work being done to make the API
of python-virtinst be smart enough to be able to create remote disks?

If so, that would be very cool to have, as it would mean we could do
cobbler-based installs of virtual machines with a minimum of installed
tooling on the guest.