[et-mgmt-tools] Re: Cobbler reposync cron script

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Thu Jun 12 19:03:14 UTC 2008

Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
>> cobbler stops processing the remaining repos if it hits an error in
>> one, so doing them one at a time allows the others to complete.
>>

> That's something we can do in the code later, no doubt. Until then, this
> does the job. The great thing is it doesn't really matter if it's Python
> or shell as long as it works :)
>
> I'll see about adding a --retries to reposync in the future. I believe
> there is already an RFE for a flag to skip the ones that
> fail without blocking the rest.

I think that should be the default - report if a repo fails, but keep going.

In a similar vein to Sandor, I would think that something like the
following would suffice in most cases:

for repo in `cobbler repo list`
do
     cobbler reposync --only=${repo} > /dev/null
done

I'd actually like to see much less output. For example, only reporting
if any RPMS were downloaded or removed.

R.