[et-mgmt-tools] Issue with CFT

Henry Kemp henry.kemp at future-route.com
Mon Mar 10 13:58:37 UTC 2008

I'm trying to get all our post-kickstart config into Puppet and wanted
to make use of CFT that looks pretty cool!

I'm running CFT v0.2.2 from the RPMs on et.redhat.com with the ruby-fam
and ruby-rpm dependencies installed. The system is CentOS 5.1
(2.6.18-53.1.13.el5xen).

When I try to initiate a CFT session I get the following:

[root at build-test4 cft]# cft begin httpd
Timed out waiting for daemon to start

Now I must admit my Ruby debugging isn't that hot - I found this error
message in line 215 of commands.rb but couldn't find anything obvious
causing this to happen.

Any advice greatfully appreciated!

Rgds,

Henry