[et-mgmt-tools] Issue with CFT

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 16:38:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 13:58 +0000, Henry Kemp wrote:
> I'm trying to get all our post-kickstart config into Puppet and wanted
> to make use of CFT that looks pretty cool!
>
> I'm running CFT v0.2.2 from the RPMs on et.redhat.com with the ruby-fam
> and ruby-rpm dependencies installed. The system is CentOS 5.1
> (2.6.18-53.1.13.el5xen).

What version of puppet are you using ? Unfortunately, cft has a pretty
tight dependency on puppet (and it's probably not cleanly expressed by
the RPM deps)

> [root at build-test4 cft]# cft begin httpd
> Timed out waiting for daemon to start

In /tmp/cft/httpd, you should have files stderr and stdout which capture
whatever the cft daemon outputs. Those files might contain additional
clues. (During a cft session, there's a small daemon watching file
changes in /etc through gamin/fam)

David