[et-mgmt-tools] Do you use cobbler's support for dnsmasq?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri May 2 15:09:34 UTC 2008

With John Eckersberg's recent patch (and likely future extensions),
Cobbler will be acquiring very good support for bind, so Cobbler can
manage DHCP and DNS at the same time using more scalable tools.
Similarly, we can now manage DHCP without restarts (Pablo Iranzo Gomez's
patch).    So then, I'm wondering what are the reasons we would have for
continuing to support dnsmasq?

If you would be affected by removal of dnsmasq support, I'd like to hear
from you, as to why you would like it to stay in place.   This does not
neccessarily eliminate the ability to have seperate options in Cobbler
for (more modular) DHCP/DNS choices in the future.  (Likely this is
something we could use /etc/cobbler/modules.conf for).