[et-mgmt-tools] Live- and rescue-system provisioning over pxe

zuber at puzzle.ch zuber at puzzle.ch
Tue May 20 08:56:45 UTC 2008

What do you think about providing live- and rescue systems for pxe with
cobbler? With Fedora 9 there is a new script in the livecd-tools that
turns a  live-cd iso into a pxe bootable image. So we can now create a pxe
live-system out of a kickstartfile.

Providing rescue-system is already possible with cobbler. You only have to
create a Kickstart file and a profile to provide it over pxe:
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PXE/Rescue_PXE

My question is, does it makes sense to manage the build process of the
live images with cobbler? It is always possible to do this manualy, but i
think it will be cool if cobbler does that for me.

Greetings
Andy