[et-mgmt-tools] Troubleshooting

Ole Ersoy ole.ersoy at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:41:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to boot some bare metal over the network.  I followed all the steps in the tutorial:

https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/HowToCobblerServer

When I run cobbler check it just tells me this:

[root at localhost cobbler]# cobbler check
The following potential problems were detected:
#0: since iptables may be running, ensure 69, 80, 25150, and 25151 are unblocked

And I did make sure that these ports are open.  I then set the bare metal bios to boot from the LAN first, but I still get a "NO BOOT DISK FOUND ERROR...or something like that".

Is there a way to simulate the request that boot client should be sending to cobbler?

Thanks,
- Ole