[et-mgmt-tools] Is a switch required?

Ole Ersoy ole.ersoy at gmail.com
Wed May 21 14:39:44 UTC 2008

> DHCP works via subnet broadcast - if you are doing DHCP across a router,
> the router needs to have dhcp-relay function turned on.  Otherwise you
> are stuck.

Ah - That makes sense - I'll see if that's turned on - Thanks.

> The filename is set in the main ISC dhcp definition if you are using the
> shipped /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template.

I assume the "filename" corresponds to "option routers", which I set to the IP address of my router.  My understanding is that ISC DHCP would broadcast to the router using that routers IP, and then the router would relay from there.  Please correct me if I'm off.

> Hence it is inherited by individual
> entries. No need to set it individually for each host entry.

Awesome - Thanks for all your help!

Ole