[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager and pxe install

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue May 27 19:22:22 UTC 2008

Farkas Levente wrote:

>>> - after select i386 creating the disk image virt-manager crash with some
>>> python backtrace as can't connect the guest.
>> Please file a BZ with the details
>
> it's more then half year old:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/et-mgmt-tools/2007-October/msg00062.html

Email is not an option for tracking bugs. If you have been hitting this
for months, file a bug in bugzilla.redhat.com. Please include
~/.virt-manager/virt-manager.log with the bug report, and all applicable
application versions.

> but anyway. my question is anybody ever be able to install a guest from
> virt-manager using pxe boot on kvm? since my assumption is that it's
> never been tried and never worked.

That's a poor assumption. We don't make a habit of including features
and never testing them. I just kicked off a PXE install on F9 for
an x86_64 kvm guest using bridged networking.

# rpm -q libvirt kvm qemu virt-manager
libvirt-0.4.2-3.fc9.x86_64
kvm-65-1.fc9.x86_64
qemu-0.9.1-5.fc9.x86_64