[et-mgmt-tools] Features request

bodhi zazen bodhi.zazen at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 16 22:14:02 UTC 2009

I normally run KVM from the command line and it work well.

I appreciate and am impressed with the work that has gone into virt-manager.

I am wondering what the process is to put in requests for additional
features ?

I would like to suggest adding some of the command line options to
virt-manager, or at least a way to specify options manually.

Options / features I use on a regular basis on the command line not
available in virt-manager are :

1. Bridged networking. Yes I know this can be manually configured and once
configured works with virt-manager, still would be nice to see this
automated.

2. Snapshots. KVM has a rich set of options for snapshots. Boot a snapshot,
save changes, save the machine state, etc. Any consideration being given to
adding these options.

3. Additional networking options would be nice. Host only , virtual private
network.

4. Bridge wireless network cards.

Thank you.