[2.6 patch] fs/jbd/: possible cleanups

Andreas Dilger adilger at clusterfs.com
Mon Apr 25 22:24:16 UTC 2005

On Apr 23, 2005  01:57 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> This patch contains the following possible cleanups:
> - make needlessly global functions static
> - #if 0 the following unused global functions:
>   - journal.c: __journal_internal_check

>  /* Static check for data structure consistency.  There's no code
>   * invoked --- we'll just get a linker failure if things aren't right.

The comment above this function specifically says no code is generated
here - the purpose of this function is to generate an error if the
journal superblock is the wrong size (e.g. someone adds fields without
updating the padding).

> - remove the following write-only global variable:
>   - journal.c: current_journal

Looks to be debugging only, seems OK to remove.

>   - journal.c: journal_check_used_features

I'm not aware of any current users of journal_check_used_features(), but
the complementary function journal_check_available_features() IS used by
ext3 and I can imagine that if we ever need to add some more journaling
features it would be useful instead of mucking in the journal internals.

>   - journal.c: journal_recover

Looks like the correct API is actually journal_load() so it seems OK to
unexport.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger