mount r/w and r/o

Jeff Dinisco jeff at jettis.com
Fri Nov 4 17:40:20 UTC 2005

Thanks for the reply.  Very interesting.  Could you explain how the bsd box read the raw device and built the internal lookup table?

The main reason I wrote "not GFS" is because I'm aware of it and that it would take a bit of work to implement.  I'm currently looking for a quick fix to give me some time to implement a more robust solution.  Also, realizing I had some definite issues w/ my current config, I researched GFS a little while back.  It's my understanding that total storage in a GFS cluster cannot exceed 8TB and we have > 12TB.  I didn't investigate too much further for a work-around.

Andreas suggested lustre which on the surface appears to be viable.