[fab] Fedora as Free Software?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 19:10:39 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
> >     Ok here is what is out of Fedora development this morning.. hoping
>
> > Is it worth filing bugs against the 200+ packages that need a cleanup?
>
> I'd suggest waiting at least until a license format standard/guideline
> is chosen.

Yeah.. Not having those would be a waste of time. When they are
finalized.. I could just send in Patches for all the packages after
making sure that the license lines are true.

> > And who would formulate a standard Licensing schema for this? [Again is
> > it worth it.. beyond pub arguments?]
>
> I'd argue this should fall under Fedora Packaging Guidelines.

If I can be of help here.. ping me. Otherwise I will just get out of
the way until I can be of use.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator