[fab] kernel modules

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Sep 19 19:18:33 UTC 2006

MS> The prevailing sentiment is that the engineers most directly
MS> impacted by the decision are not in favor of kernel modules, and I
MS> think we need to trust the technical expertise of the people who
MS> will be doing the work.

While that's true, we have to accept the fact that users will if
necessary acquire their kernel modules from somewhere, thus presenting
the same problems to the Core kernel developers.  The end result is
that the user is further inconvenienced and nobody gains anything.
(Indeed, the situation could be worse if the source of the modules is
less well-maintained than Extras.)

 - J<