[fab] kernel modules

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 19:17:31 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 15:10 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 09:32 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> >> - kernel modules outside of the kernel package in Fedora. Vote yes or no
> >> so we can move on.
> >
> > This one has been asked about on the list about 4 times now.  Would be
> > very good to get an answer.
>
> The prevailing sentiment is that the engineers most directly impacted by
> the decision are not in favor of kernel modules, and I think we need to
> trust the technical expertise of the people who will be doing the work.
>
> Therefore, if I had to lay down an opinion, I would say that if Dave Jones
> (et al) are opposed to kernel modules, then we need to say no.

It's not a matter of opinion. The Fedora Board has some smart technical
people. Make a decision and tell us.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway || Red Hat || Fedora || Aurora || GPG ID: 93054260

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always
that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence
and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We
will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in
our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended
from fearful men -- not from men who feared to write, to speak, to
associate and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."
-- Edward R. Murrow, March 9, 1954