cross-site bug tracking

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 11:54:44 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 23:38:37 Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> I was against having another bugzilla on the grounds that Red Hat
> doesn't even have one full time bugzilla hacker (last time this came up.
> I don't know about now.)  If we have some community members who are
> willing to maintain and hack on a fedora bugzilla then that changes my
> take on things.  It would be great to have better bugzilla integration
> and if Fedora was part of driving development of that it would be even
> better.

I was against it because of how closely our other Red Hat products work with
the Fedora bugs.  I think they work closely enough that even the best
bugzilla linking software isn't going to make it as easy as things are today.
I'm far more interested in making a custom Fedora landing page for our
bugzilla and cleaning out all the accumulated cruft/versions/etc in our
Fedora products, as well as clearing out all the things under Fedora that add
to confusion.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora