info for non-redhat folks

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 17:42:52 UTC 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 10:00 AM, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:19:57 -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
>

> > On Dec 21, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Max Spevack wrote:
> >
> > > But interestingly enough, when I interviewed at Red Hat and got the
> > > "what Linux distro do you use" question, everyone's response was
> > > "cool, I used to use Slackware too!"
> >
> > "I used Slackware.  Once.  Then I tried to update it."
>
> Ah, lessons in history. Slackware on 30-40 3.5" floppy disks. Updating it

Heheh.. I remember one of the most common Red Hat Tech Support
questions early questions is:

How can I install Red Hat via floppies? All the cool Linux's use floppies!

I think Erik T was tasked once on seeing how feasible it was for a
potential paying customer... he probably still has nightmares about
it.

I wonder how many floppies it would take these days with delta-rpms
etc to split packages over...