Request for Trademark Approval (Fedora AOS Spin)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 04:02:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 23:57 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

> If they turn off all security and make 'honey pot linux - based on
> fedora' as a livecd for catching would-be crackers, I have no problem
> with that. It would be a good thing to have fedora's name on, I think.
>
> If they put apt in place (and modify massive amounts of anaconda, etc,
> to make it all work) then why not?
>
> How does it hurt us?

You just said the magic words.  "Based on Fedora", which is not Fedora.
I don't have a problem with people doing crazy ass things like taking
out selinux, removing yum, or even replacing the entire runtime with our
busybox, and calling it Based on Fedora.  It's when they call it Fedora
that I get concerned.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!