Trademark Approval and Spin SIG

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Aug 29 14:26:01 UTC 2008

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 03:27:09PM +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> So, in the category of Trademark Approval, Kickstart Pool inclusion and
>> the Spin SIG, here's another thing to ponder;
>>
>> If a spin is not approved for trademark usage (for whatever reason), can
>> it still be in the kickstart pool (rebranded of course)? Futhermore, can
>> we distribute it (in the spin-kickstarts package)?
>
> If it's not good enough to be called Fedora, it shouldn't be
> distributed as such either.

We're past that point however, since this relates to distributing (and
storing in the Pool) of kickstart files that are technically OK, but
create spins not approved for trademark usage for whatever reason, and
hence will remain being rebranded or debranded.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip