Trademark Approval and Spin SIG

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Aug 29 14:30:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 04:26:01PM +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 03:27:09PM +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>>> So, in the category of Trademark Approval, Kickstart Pool inclusion
>>> and  the Spin SIG, here's another thing to ponder;
>>>
>>> If a spin is not approved for trademark usage (for whatever reason),
>>> can  it still be in the kickstart pool (rebranded of course)?
>>> Futhermore, can  we distribute it (in the spin-kickstarts package)?
>>
>> If it's not good enough to be called Fedora, it shouldn't be
>> distributed as such either.
>>

> We're past that point however, since this relates to distributing (and
> storing in the Pool) of kickstart files that are technically OK, but
> create spins not approved for trademark usage for whatever reason, and
> hence will remain being rebranded or debranded.

Hm, was that the indended result? I for one would assume w/o further
wuationing, that if a spin kickstart file is distributed onto my
system, that the spin in question is APPROVED.

Maybe the pool should be split into "official" and "contib" parts to
make it clear which spins are the one that passed the fab's filter and
which not?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net