Bugzilla permissions - cla_done required?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:20:35 UTC 2008

Sent the prior one way too soon (GMail keyboard shortcuts did that for me :) ).

On Feb 11, 2008 8:18 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> Also, bz work falls somewhere between "Mailing list member" and "Wiki
> contributor."  The former is a discussion and information exchange, the
> later is a contribution of content, such as a patch.

Or a release note, or anything else really.  We are not the only
distribution that requires signing an agreement in order to gain full
access to triage bugs[1].  In fact, Ubuntu's requirements are much
more onerous than ours.  We basically say cla_done and you're in.
They obviously have a whole different set of requirements.

> I missed this part.  FESCo has already decided how they want this
> handled?  And some folks aren't happy with that situation?

Correct.  At the 1/24 meeting[2], there was quite lively discussion of
this.  It was decided that for now we would require cla_done, and
revisit when FAS2 comes around.

> Without FAS2, I don't see a way around this.  That is, I guess something
> of a click-through CLA could be hacked up, by why spend the time on that
> over finishing FAS2?

Agreed.  I'm just the messenger :)

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20080124