Tracking contributions

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 21:03:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Avoid the mention of the words "time" and/or "manhours" in all
> emails concerning tracking of things.

Fine I'll just use manmonths, though manmicroseconds would look more impressive.

The crux is, as we stand up new groups for a new work area or to
re-organize existing work, I want some thought into a metric to use
that makes sense for the work that new group is being created to do.
If punching in makes the most sense for a helpdesk like #fedora, then
so be it.  I don't need the same metric for each group, but i do need
something that makes sense as a metric so we can trend that groups
growth and impact over time.

-jef