Fedora Board election results

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 16:24:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> "To come out of Red Hat" means it is something that is based on prior
> work within Red Hat or something with a dependency on Red Hat. Add to
> that proposals, ideas, plans, restructuring, results from hall-way
> discussions, results from internal meetings, requests from internal
> departments, things that are set in stone already and just wait for
> FPB to give the obligatory +1.

FWIW, if I had $1 for every time in the last 2.5 years I told someone
*inside* Red Hat:

"You can't do $FOO in Fedora without first getting the permission of the
Fedora Board.  Asking me is not enough.  The Fedora Board is Fedora's
executive team.  I can tell you what I think, but I don't make the
decisions all by myself."

then I would be living on the beach somewhere and the only emails I
would send would be to my banker in Zurich.

--Max