Fedora Board Recap 2008-JUN-24

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 20:45:27 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 11:26 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> It was in the Free Press IIRC. But the basic information "there are
> people from EPEL in the Fedora hackfest room; join them if you want to
> discuss or help with EPEL; those with the EPEL-Hat on their head are the
> ones you need to talk to (¹). There is also a two our discussion
> scheduled for 2 pm on Friday in room foo; feel free to join it" was
> missing afaics. :-/

Ah, I missed that.  Was it Thursday or Friday?  I missed Friday's
edition.

> (¹) which IMHO would be important; if you came into the Fedora room as
> non-Fedora-contributor you might feel lost and unwelcomed quickly as the
> groups on the different tables looked busy; at least some people in
> situation like that just leave instead of poking someone to say "hey, I
> want to talk to the guys from EPEL" (just a example)

+1 ... our signage at the hack fest was a bit lacking.

>  > [...]
>
> While at it: Karsten, thx for doing the EPEL talk on the summit itself.
> I could not join it, but I suppose it was great and helped a lot!

http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2008/downloads/pdf/Thursday/kwade_1_1.pdf

Second half of the PDF has the notes view, with all the content.  I
wrote all the content first, then outlined it, then made slides.  It's
not noted there (oversight on my part) that the content is CC BY-SA.
All of the source bits are here:

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org/presentations/Red-Hat-Summit-2008/

If anyone wants to make a generic version, it'll make spreading the EPEL
story easier.  It only took me ... 22 minutes?  Maybe a bit more, but
it's a fairly tight run through, if you wrote the material. :D

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41