Yet another website? (Re: [Ambassadors] belux ambassadors meeting log 15th April 2009)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri May 8 18:13:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Refer to:
> >   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Trademark_license_agreement
>
> Is this all you have to say about it? If so, you are proving what I
> wrote previously: "Things like these are hard to understand. There might
> be good reasons, but IMO the board does a bad job ATM in communicating
> their views to the outside world."

I can't speak for the board but I'm pretty sure you're confusing legal
constraints with the boards view.  They don't write the law and I suspect
at least some of them don't much like the laws they find themselves
operating in.

> I still don't get why Robert has to has to follow rules when mirroring
> fpo if these rules not even apply to the fpo website itself. Why are
> rules for community members stricter than for Red Hat or the Fedora
> Project? How are we supposed to understand the meaning of the agreement,
> when there are no translations? You cannot expect someone to sign a
> contract if he doesn't even understand it's content.

I'd strongly recommend if you find anything you don't understand to
discuss it with your lawyer.  I'm a tech guy, not a legal guy so I don't
bother pretending to understand how the law works.

// just my two cents on the matter.

	-Mike