Planning for Fedora Elections

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Thu May 14 18:35:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 11:20:00AM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> I'd like to start the planning process for the next round of Fedora
> elections.  These are traditionally held a short time after the
> release of the Fedora distribution, therefore nominations must begin
> in the next week or so, culminating in elections in late June and into
> the first week in July.
>
> The first question is: what groups need to participate in the election
> this round?

The Board has 3 elected seats open.
FESCo has 5 elected seats open.

These are the only two elections I am aware we will run.

In addition, with no objections raised so far, the Board discussed on
today's call adjusting the schedule, such that it completes within 30
days of the release of Fedora 11.  The 4 weeks I had allowed for
nominations was also considered excessive.  As such, the new schedule
will be:

* Nominations are open from 15 May through 29 May. Individuals
  may provide questions they would like candidates to answer.
* IRC Town Hall-style discussions with candidates for the various
  positions will be arranged for 31 May through 6 June. Candidates
  will be given a set of written questions suggested above, to
  answer by public email if they wish.
* The elections will take place 7 June through 22 June.

Please see the Elections page [1] for links to each of the nominations
pages, and where you may add your own questions you would like the
candidates to present written answers to.  Candidates may answer (or
not) as they wish, by mail to fedora-advisory-board before the
election period begins.

Thanks,
Matt

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections