Proposal for ML conduct

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Mon May 18 03:33:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009 10:35:13 +0100
Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> > On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Paul W. Frields
> > <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Meanwhile I think this isn't censorship: one of the best tools we
> > have to communicate are out M-Ls, and the only way to keep them
> > working is to control way:
>
> For the Mailing Lists in General.
> If possible:
> A. Could replies to "Digest" be auto deleted, and reason sent to
> sender.

This could be possible done via the mailman Spam filter rules. At least
for posts that don't change the subject, ie:
Re: <listname> Digest, Vol*

> B: Likewise html

This could be done via mailman's content filtering settings.

> Because both of above mean, some of the best people to answer User
> Q's, don't see them, they just delete them.

On fedora-list for example, yeah.
fedora-devel doesn't seem to have nearly as much of this...

> Frank

kevin