[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Meeting Minutes - Dec 15, 2005

David Barzilay barzilay at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 07:41:59 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Please find our last meeting minutes below and also at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Meetings/2005-12-15

####################
Presentees: GeroldKa, gregdek, ChitleshGoorah, warren, foonix, tchung,
mether, barzilay, abompard, sopwith

EVENTS:
. Scale: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/SCALE
warren will work on resources to supplement what's already in place

. Solutions Linux: http://www.solutionslinux.fr
abompard: forum in paris, 31/01 to 02/02
pros and associations will be there
have to rent a booth, maybe Fedora can share a booth with a LUG
abompard just asked his LUG for the price of a community booth
Chitleshcan't afford the price to travel

.German LinuxDayin Wiesbaden
GeroldKa needs only accomodation and schwag for event

. LinuxAsia06
mether will attend; applied for a .org stall
awaiting response form organizer

. LinuxTag: 1 side opened costs 162 Euro per sqm and you need a minmum
of 12 sqm to rent for a booth

PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL

.http://fedoraproject.org/forms/AmbassadorForm.html
make sure to request at least one month in advance

.schwag thing is A PROBLEM

      * We're in a tricky spot where the logo is not yet in production,
        so we'll fix that as soon as we possibly can

      * working on signing up with some partners to produce kits, but
        we're not there yet

      * In the meantime, we're basically sending stuff out once a month
        in big shipments.

OFFICIAL AMBASSADORS
What makes an Official Ambassador?

     1. Probationary period

     2. Mandatory attendance at this or at the local ambassadors meeting
        periodically ("or local meetings" added by barzilay as many
        local ambassadors don't speak English)

     3. Acceptance by other "official" ambassadors?

     4. Getting them through the account system generally is a good
        thing to do

Everyone who is official will have an fp.o address

If you have an account in the fedora accounts system, you have an alias
@fedora.redhat.com (we are slowly moving towards consolidating Fedora
infrastructure so that everything will be @fedoraproject.org)

In addition, anyone who has actually stepped up to take a show is
official as well

Ambassadors declared official during meeting

Chitlesh Goorah, Aurélien Bompard, Rahul Sundaram, Thomas Chung, Gerold
Kassube.

STEERING COMMITEE

We're in the process of electing it right here. Care enough to show up,
and suddenly you're running things.
TBD by Alex

LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS
We need to put some control mechanisms together

TEMPLATES
.http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Slides

Tchung to update Fedora logo on Wikipedia

Next meeting – December 22nd

Best regards,
--
David Barzilay