[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Meeting Minutes - Dec 15, 2005

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 07:48:23 UTC 2005

David Barzilay wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Please find our last meeting minutes below and also at:
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Meetings/2005-12-15
>
>####################
>Presentees: GeroldKa, gregdek, ChitleshGoorah, warren, foonix, tchung,
>mether, barzilay, abompard, sopwith
>
>EVENTS:
>. Scale: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/SCALE
>warren will work on resources to supplement what's already in place
>
>. Solutions Linux: http://www.solutionslinux.fr
>abompard: forum in paris, 31/01 to 02/02
>pros and associations will be there
>have to rent a booth, maybe Fedora can share a booth with a LUG
>abompard just asked his LUG for the price of a community booth
>Chitleshcan't afford the price to travel
>
>.German LinuxDayin Wiesbaden
>GeroldKa needs only accomodation and schwag for event
>
>. LinuxAsia06
>mether will attend; applied for a .org stall
>awaiting response form organizer
>
>. LinuxTag: 1 side opened costs 162 Euro per sqm and you need a minmum
>of 12 sqm to rent for a booth
>
>PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
>
>.http://fedoraproject.org/forms/AmbassadorForm.html
>make sure to request at least one month in advance
>
>.schwag thing is A PROBLEM
>
>      * We're in a tricky spot where the logo is not yet in production,
>        so we'll fix that as soon as we possibly can
>
>      * working on signing up with some partners to produce kits, but
>        we're not there yet
>
>      * In the meantime, we're basically sending stuff out once a month
>        in big shipments.
>
>OFFICIAL AMBASSADORS
>What makes an Official Ambassador?
>
>     1. Probationary period
>
>     2. Mandatory attendance at this or at the local ambassadors meeting
>        periodically ("or local meetings" added by barzilay as many
>        local ambassadors don't speak English)
>
>     3. Acceptance by other "official" ambassadors?
>
>     4. Getting them through the account system generally is a good
>        thing to do
>
>Everyone who is official will have an fp.o address
>
>If you have an account in the fedora accounts system, you have an alias
>@fedora.redhat.com (we are slowly moving towards consolidating Fedora
>infrastructure so that everything will be @fedoraproject.org)
>
>In addition, anyone who has actually stepped up to take a show is
>official as well
>
>Ambassadors declared official during meeting
>
>Chitlesh Goorah, Aurélien Bompard, Rahul Sundaram, Thomas Chung, Gerold
>Kassube.
>
>STEERING COMMITEE
>
>We're in the process of electing it right here. Care enough to show up,
>and suddenly you're running things.
>TBD by Alex
>
>LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS
>We need to put some control mechanisms together
>
>TEMPLATES
>.http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Slides
>
>Tchung to update Fedora logo on Wikipedia
>
>Next meeting – December 22nd

Thanks David. Excellent Summary. I still have it in my TODO list to
check the Ambassador slides and come up with a potentially good template
for everyone to base their presentations on. I have tons of 'official'
work on the plate but I plan to get to it finally during the weekend.
Meanwhile if you have guys have questions to ask, add them to the FAQ
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/FAQ. Nobody has all the
answers now but we could discuss and work on that.

regards
Rahul