[Ambassadors] FAMSCo was (Re: Meeting minutes of the FAD)

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 8 16:56:01 UTC 2006

Hello there,

among the things discussions during the FAD, we discussed also FAMSCo status :)

I know we have already talked about the JoergSimon's request for DVDs
before the last FAMSCo election. But anyway, I'll talk about it again,
but as an example.

There was an interesting request for Fedora media by a german
university and this request was approved by the last FAMSCo members,
but unfortunately it wasn't shipped and neither my email to FAMSco
wasn't replied. In the end, we lost a very good opportunity for fedora
marketing and at the same time those who participated were left
behind. Since then ThomasChung is doing a for great job and I
congratulate him for that.

However, to prevent this next time, we (the FAD attendees) have come
to a "possible" solution which might be, "elect one FAMSco member per
region/continent". This FAMSCo member will be elected from the
ambassadors from his/her region only and as the same time will be
entitled to give priority to the requests of his/her ambassadors.

Let's say "Big events will be having greater budget/dvds"

Knowing the fact that,
1. many regions don't have enough ambassadors
2. and perhaps those ambassadors are fairly new to the team (from that region)
it might be difficult to assign a FAMSco member to those regions, (due
to the responsibilities)
In this case, another ambassadors from another regions can do the replacement.

Also, we (the FAD attendees) are FOR to boost the Fedora Mentor
Project with respect to the Fedora Ambassador Project.
Some "old" fedora ambassadors can join in the Fedora Mentor Project to help
- FAMSco members
- new ambassadors (we feel also that some new ambassadors don't share
the same fedora interest but only their personal interest)
- [...]

Again we are saying more REAL commitment from fedora ambassadors.
(not meant for people who are _really_ contributing)

Comments/Suggestions/Enhancements ??

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com