[Fedora-ambassadors-list] meeting for all Ambassadors

Clair fedora at freehold.no-ip.info
Fri Feb 24 01:10:47 UTC 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 23:07, Gerold Kassube wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in the meeting today I brought in the idea for an "only Fedora
> Ambassadors meeting" ...
>
> We are always doing presentations for Fedora, we're always "on the run"
> on presentations, in meetings everywhere ...
>
> But ...
>
> ... fromeach other we only know the name, sometimes a photo (somewhere
> seen in the web) but there is no time for us to have a meeting only for
> us; discussing all things which are laying on our tongue.
>
> Meetings in IRC are nice things but, there is not alway time to discuss
> really, no real life meeting can be replaced by IRC or mailing list.
>
> So let's plan an AMBASSADORS Meeting!
>
> What do you think about????

I don't think it's something we should be wasting our time on. You will more
that likely eventually meet any ambassadors nearby, and open source does not
need us to meet. It won't improve the software, the marketing, or how we
operate.

> Somebody talked about money?! Why? I spend my money for traveling in
> Europe and for one or two nights in a hotel if I get the possibility to
> meet for example all EMEA Ambassadors somewhere on the continent
> EUROPE ...

You must consider that just because you have disposable income others don't.
Some people simply cannot afford overseas holidays only to return 2 days
later.

> OK, I think, a Ambassadors meeting must be a continental plan. One
> Meeting in NA, one in APAC and one in EMEA ...

Would you mind explaining what these acronyms mean?