[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Introductory handouts/flyers for Fedora newbies at LinuxAsia - ideas anyone ?

Michael J Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Mon Jan 23 20:11:37 UTC 2006

> Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

> >Hi,
> >
> >I think that we will have a number of Fedora newbies (or newbies to
> >Fedora) at LinuxAsia 2006.
> >
> >Is there a handout/flyer ready that sort of talks of the following:
> >
> >o What is Fedora
> >	o What are the projects within Fedora
> >o Where to get Fedora
> >o Where to get in touch
> >	o Mailing Lists (relevant ones aimed at newbies)
> >	o IRC channels
> >o Found a Bug ? Why don't you tell us about it...
> >o Want to get involved ? Just here's how...
> >

> http://people.redhat.com/sundaram. Pick the openoffice.org impress
> presentation and run through it. Combine it with
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted and surge ahead.

Hi Rahul,

Nice work on the impress presentation.

Are you happy for other Ambassadors using this as a basis for their own
talks at local LUG's etc?

I am working on doing some talks at my LUG sometime soon (just need to
ditch this not liking talking in public thing) and it would useful not
to start from scratch.

Thanks!

Michael