[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

Francesco Ugolini francesco.ugolini at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 2 13:25:37 UTC 2007

Ok, first of all, Honored Ambassadors will be permanent Ambassadors,
they will have the same functions of all the other Ambassadors, the only
difference is that their status will not changed. I know that people
would think it would be a nonsense status, but if you consider that many
ambassadors work hardly every week, month (like you), you can understand
the importance to give a special status to this people.

Second point: i want to reply to the people who told that many
ambassadors are working underground. I want to remember that in a
community we have to share our experience and we have to report our
activities, if it would be not such, we would be people who share same
interest but work alone.

Actually many people report their activities thought the mailing list:
they don't spend a lot of time writing three lines, but with their
reports we know what they have done, and we know they are working.

I think, as Gerold said, we have to understand why people don't share
their ideas, experience etc... with the other people. I want to
remember, once again, we are a community: what one does, is what the
community does.

Our project has a big dream, and this dream need the collaboration of
all people, we can't think that what a single does is important if we
don't see what the others do.

I hope people will understand this.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini