[Ambassadors] Fedora French Ambassadors Weekly Minutes[2007-04-01]

Armelk armelk at akserver.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 4 21:13:10 UTC 2007

Good Afternoon Rahul

> Armelk wrote:
> I would suggest not trying to work on a wiki to collect this data
> especially on a regional website. This is extremely hard to maintain
> manually. We have two related projects to do it in a more automated
> fashion.
>
> Smolt which collects just hardware information
> LHCP which aims to provide compatibility information.
>
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/LHCP
>
> It would much more efficient to work with LHCP and help them out in
> packaging etc.

I agree with you about the hardware compatiblity list in Fedoraproject,
but on our list we put some informations for the end user to start the
Fedora installation (Example linux acpi=off, linux noprobe, ...) and to
finalize it (Example Wifi installation, use the correct screen resolution
with i915Resolution Software for Intel chipset, ...).
I work for a WW OEM and I have a lot of requests from the presale team
about the Fedora compatibility with own hardware plateforms.
If you need my support about a special english compatibility hardware
page, it's a great pleasure for me to help you on this special project.

> Since you have a relatively community working on packaging it would be
> useful to have a regular mentoring session where you can invite
> enthusiastic people and introduce them to packaging and related
> processes in Fedora.

I sure the french team is very enthusiactic to start with the packaging
team the new relation. We discus this point during the next meeting.

> Can you make sure this is translated into English too?

Of course we translate it, we work together on the Fedora Project.

>> 6) FreeMedia Program
>>
> We haven't been advertising the presence of Free media much since the
> number of requests we can serve is low. How many requests can we be
> fulfilling every month in these regions?

The right personn about this point is ThomasCanniot and DamienDurand
Thomas, Damien can you answer about this point ?

> Rahul

Thanks for your questions and I hope my answers are clear for you (My
english is not perfect but I progress :-)

Have a nice day

Armel