[Ambassadors] more FOSDEM topics

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Feb 17 16:08:38 UTC 2007

O/H Alasdair G Kergon έγραψε:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 06:37:22PM +0000, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>> since you were there last year, what do you think we could bring to make the
>> "booth" experience better?
>
> Some ideas:
>
> Large coloured posters to stick on the wall behind and over the front of the
> table.
>
> Professional-looking large timetables to stick on the door of the
> developers' room (including the talk abstracts if possible) and
> (laminated?) on top of the table.
>
> Small printed timetables for people to take away to remind them what
> time the talks are and where to go.  Could include the abstracts if
> there's space: the FOSDEM booklet just has times, titles and speakers'
> names on pages 15 ("Sat day") and 17 (Sunday).

These two sound very useful. Unfortunately I don't have access to a printer
right now. Anyone willing to bring them?

> Large coloured Fedora logo to put on the door of the developers' room.

Max, do you have (or could you get) any large print of our Statistics? The 3-4
key numbers (total, per week, per day, per second) are pretty impressive IMO.

> A note for the door saying people are welcome to enter and leave even while
> there's a talk in progress.  (IIRC the door is at the front of the room next to
> the speaker.)
>
> One way to attract a crowd to the table is to have unusual hardware or
> an unusual demonstration.

Some ideas: XEN (+virt-manager), AIGLX, tomboy, beagle, Eclipse.

Would anyone be present who could demonstrate some of the new functionality that
went into the release engineering process (pungi etc) for the merge?

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/