[Ambassadors] Poll ?? No!!

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 15:26:19 UTC 2007

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Patrick W. Barnes wrote:

> Trivial, sure, but it's already hard enough to get people to pay attention to
> the CLA.  It would be only a matter of time before someone would use content
> without checking for a completed CLA.

The answer, in my opinion, is to remove the CLA requirement *completely*
if you're not submitting actual code.  There are simpler ways to enforce
"copyright cleanliness" for wiki-based content.  For instance:

"By editing this wiki page, you agree that the content you add is made
available under the Open Publication License (link), and that you have the
legal right to contribute such content."

The CLA is overkill for wiki contribution.

--g