[Ambassadors] Fedora Emeritus Ambassadors

Francesco Ugolini francesco.ugolini at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 28 18:16:06 UTC 2007

Chitlesh GOORAH ha scritto:
> Hello there,
>
> On 2/28/07, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
>> I've a small proposal that consist in the creation of a Fedora Emeritus
>> Ambassador, an experienced and active Ambassador who have the
>> possibility to address (trough specific rights) the Ambassadors'
>
> What are the specific rights ?
>
> hmm, sorry for being a pain in the neck. But how far is "Fedora
> Emeritus Ambassador" different from the Fedora Mentors?
>
> Instead of spending time on forking already existing fedora projects
> and just "+1" on every good idea, why not do something for real?
>
> KarstenWade has a bright idea which needs to push forward by _every_
> one on this fedora ambassador project. I wish _every_ ambassador will
> do something and help promoting this idea. On my behalf, I'll update
> my *huge* slides for F7 with Karsten's work. I hope one can translate
> it and do some presentations in their respective local community. Now,
> I'll want to hear what can you do.
>
> regards,
> Chitlesh

Yes, i foresee this question, it's different because he doesn't follow
newbie, he is a person distinguished for his experience and his
activity, his role is to be a guide in the project, that says his
opinion about the ideas and be rewarded for his work.

It's just an Emeritus role. He has no power, when i talk about rights i
talk about the importance they will have on Fedora Ambassador Project.
Attention: they will not be like FAmSCo, they will be the people that
can help the project.

I hope i answered your question.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini