[Ambassadors] CLA in german

Fabian Affolter fabian at bernewireless.net
Fri Mar 16 18:35:25 UTC 2007

Thomas Canniot schrieb:
> Well, I don't know if translating a licence can be considered as valid.
> In French, a licence / law translation is not considered as valid due to
> numerous misinterpretations.

It's a translation of a very complex text and in my eyes it's haven't to
be vaild (see below). It's hard to understand even in german. For
non-english speaking constributor it's the only way to become an
impression of the content of CLA.

The translator has made it clear in the into:

"Als Grundlage für einen Vertrag gilt ausschliesslich die
englischsprachige Originalversion des CLA."

"The basis for a contract is considered exclusively the english original
version of the CLA."

and at the end:

"Diese Übersetzung ist kein rechtskräftiger Ersatz für die
englischsprachige Originalversion."

"This translation is not a valid replacement for the english original
version."

regards,

Fabian