[Ambassadors] Ambassador NA meeting minutes

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 10:24:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:

> Why not just push USB sticks more?  Perhaps we need to invest enough
> money into a head fund of 200 USB sticks for a couple of regions, and
> give people the chance to buy USB sticks like we did in LinuxTag. Then
> the funds from that can be used to set up a few more regions with a
> pool of resellable USB sticks.

I have always encouraged people to sell swag, in order to fund the
purchase or more swag.  For whatever reason, most event organizers don't
like doing that, and prefer to just give it away.  And that's fine too.
Each event organizer makes their own decisions.

For USB keys in any large quantity it would almost be a requirement to
sell, since 2 GB USB keys are really expensive to just give away, and it
will consume an event's entire budget very quickly with no way to recoup
costs.

--Max