[Ambassadors] CLA details

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Jun 29 00:08:32 UTC 2008

Hi Ambassadors,

I know that a lot of you are involved (either directly or indirectly)
with recruiting new contributors to Fedora. Please keep in mind the
following:

Whenever someone signs the Fedora CLA, they _MUST_ use their full legal
name. Not just their first name, not initials, not part of their name.
Obviously, I won't know if someone doesn't use their middle name (nor do
we care if they do or not), but I will notice and reject anything like
the following examples:

John Doe (obviously fake)
Mohammed (missing part of their name)
J Johnson (first name not complete)
Tim L. (not full name)
Super Awesome (come on)
bigjohnstevenson (please, use spaces)

Try to remind new contributors to be sure to be complete here. If they
somehow have a full name which meets my "reject" criteria, have them
contact me directly. Their username can be whatever they want, but we do
need their real name attached to the account for legal reasons.

Also, we need a valid mailing address and a phone number. It is not
sufficient to put "N/A", "Dont want to", or "123 Anywhere St", I will
reject those. If someone legitimately doesn't have a mailing address or
a telephone, feel free to contact me directly and we'll try to work
something out.

Thanks!

~spot (on behalf of Fedora Legal)